- understanding of obedience and Milgram
- procedures of the contemporary studies
Suggests that expected standard is likely to increase as this is an area candidates are very good at- the bar will be rising i- maybe the level of detail expected will become higher.
- giving strengths and weaknesses of the working memory model
- the social practical; when talking about improvements you need to say how or why this alteration would improve the practical; you need to be able to describe and evaluate all the processes involved in the practical and be clear as examiners don’t now what your project was about
- writing a hypothesis
- the skill of application; using the character name alone is not enough to gain credit! Every point needs to link hooks from the scenario to key psychological concepts.
- structuring of response content
- assessment objective requirements, e.g. the difference in the taxonomy of questions
- differentiation of responses to answer the question being asked
- generic and limited evaluation of studies
- Overly detailed description of studies leading to a lack of balance in the response, limiting the mark bands.
- Forgetting to make conclusions at any point in the essay
Advice: Chains of reason in essays must be underpinned with AO1 knowledge and