2015 Examiners’ Report: Advice for answering exam questions on the social practical:
If you are asked to suggest an improvement to the PROCEDURE of your practical, do NOT suggest changing to a different research METHOD. You have to stick with the method of questionnaire as this is the method we have to use for the social practical. You need to suggest changes to the design, distribution or analysis of the questionnaire. Also don;t say you would change to qualitative instead of quantitative data or vice versa, as the specification says you must collect both in this practical.
- You have learned about surveys as a research method. As part of the course requirements for social psychology you will have conducted a practical investigation using a survey.
Describe the aim of your survey (2)
2. Give an example of one closed and one open question from your survey (2)
3. Describe how you analysed the qualitative data from your survey (4)
5. In your studies of social psychology you have conducted a practical investigation. Describe how you carried out the quantitative analysis of the data you gathered. (4)
4. Evaluate your survey, (your evaluation may include validity, reliability, subjectivity) (5)
6. Suggest one improvement you could make to the procedure of your practical investigation. (3)